Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Late night

I watched the movie Dog Day Afternoon on DVD from 1975. I remember reading the parody in Mad Magazine and so the images were familiar. It was a very good movie, appropriate for that time and place. It said it happened on Aug. 22 so that anniversary is coming up. They did a nice job of reflecting the temperature, like in a later good movie Body Heat.

I also finished a good book by Ben Mezrich, Ugly Americans, which is sort of a precursor to his other book, Accidental Billionaires, which was made into the very fine movie The Social Network.

Today was an interesting day in that I waited during the morning for things to unfold, and then went out for a bit in the afternoon, and everything started to happen. So I finished by working until about 7 and then came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment