Sunday, October 23, 2011

Footloose

Susan and I went to see Footloose this afternoon. So did Sarah, but she saw an earlier show with her new friend Jack. We liked it. It was probably a little better movie than the original (not too tall an order) but it did not have all the original music of the first. Hard to improve a soundtrack that sold 9 million copies.

I recall seeing the original movie as a freshman in college in May 1984. That summer my sister had the cassette soundtrack so I listened to it a lot. Lots of good songs.

Elizabeth was in town this weekend and it was nice to be together, even if it meant reverting to some old patterns as a family. But I guess those are all good events. They all like the Pigskin Competition as I thought they might. Everyone want everything explained to them but sometimes you just have to see things for yourself. I'm glad they were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment