Tuesday, October 18, 2011

King of the Causeway Triathlon

Sunday was the KOTC triathlon at South Padre Island. As it is October, there are many things going on all weekend. Saturday night was the City of Palms Marching Contest. It ended about 8:30 pm so I stayed home until Sarah got back. Then I went to sleep and got up at 4:15 am to drive to South Padre Island. No traffic at that time.

I got there in time to get set up in T2 and then drove with Steve E to the T1 area. We had a warm up swim and then our 40-49 mens wave went off about 8:15 am.

I had a great swim and finished with a friend Mike who is a very experienced triathlete. He of course went out much faster on the bike. But I was happy with my bike time of 17.3 mph. Then on the run, at the end I got caught by fellow Maniac Terri and we ran in at a good pace. I told her we needed to sprint but she couldn't make it so I dashed in as usual. Finished the run in 27 minutes which was my best tri run time. So the total time was 1:24 good enough for 5th out of 11 in the Mens' 45-59 category.

During the run we went by the Paragraphs bookstore and I thought "I should go there afterwards". It was funny because the BikeFest was going on with all the Harley people. So among all the beer drinking and hell raising, I was doing my triathlon and thinking about book shopping. Doing it My Way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment