Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

We had a Christmas visitor last night. Not Santa, but a young woman speaking Spanish. She rang our doorbell at midnight, awaking me from a long winter's nap, and with a bit of a start. I had dozed off on the couch and gone to bed early after a big dinner and opening presents Christmas Eve as is our custom.

I thought that the person at the door (a shorter female I could see through the glass) might be some friend of Sarah's. This person had arrived in a Ford pickup (not a sleigh) and had a cell phone in hand so she was not helpless or desititute.

She was looking for Enedelia. No hay Enedelia aqui. Isn't this 312? Yes, but.... My best guess was that she was looking for some friend/relative of Mariana so I gave her that number and she seemed content and left and drove off. I hope she found the right 312 and there was room at that inn.

This morning I went for a run. It was so quiet you could hear birds chirping and even the stop lights flashing. Getting home we had breakfast and then opened our stockings. Then lunch, then dinner. With visitors, meal times come fast and regularly for this cook.

We did go visit our friend Javier working in the hospital emergency room today. Thanks to those who do that work on these holidays. They are the "necessary personnel" of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment