Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend in Houston

I went to Houston for the weekend to visit my parents. I was supposed to leave Friday but it SNOWED in Houston.

Dad called to suggest I come later and I was able to change my flight via Southwest with no penalty due to weather. So I stayed home Friday night (which was enjoyable) and left Saturday at 10:45. Actually with two days of flights put into one, I didn't leave until 12:00 p.m. arriving 1:00 p.m We had lunch at a favorite place Southwell's and then went to the Houston CC to hit some balls. After we went out and met Richard and Kenny. Richard was to provide me some rental clubs for our game Sunday. He promised to "put a set together" for me. Callaway, Ping, Cobra? I chose Ping.

After Susannah came over and we had dinner at Ed and Kate's before the UT/Nebraska Big 12 Championship came on. I watched the 1st half there and then went to Elizabeth's to watch the rest. Mom & Dad tend to go to bed early.

What a finish! Talk about winning ugly. But that is what teams of destiny do - they win games that others would lose. UT 13, Nebraska 12. Looking forward to the BCS Championship on Jan. 7 2010.

This morning I got up to go run. Have not done so since Wednesday. I enjoyed a 6 mile run, got some Starbucks and got home just in time to change and head back to the golf course with Ed.
We teed off at 10:00 with Richard and his daughter Laurie. That was a pleasant surprise. It was cool and misty all day but we did get in 18 holes and I hit the rental clubs well. Shot 87 from the "forward tees". Memorial is still long enough from there. Aftewards it was straight to the airport where I finally got a real meal at Barry's Pizza and caught the 3:45 flight to HRL and then back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment