Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dad & Daughter

I had a nice day with my dear daughter. She sent me a text during the day to pick her up early at 3:00 p.m. One of the benefits of being a good student: get out of school when you like :) So I went to get her since she had advisory during the last period (study hall). She need to leave early to....
go shop at Wal Mart for large candy cane props for the Color Guard parade on Friday.

Then later just as I was settling in, she announced we should go to Target to get warm clothes for the parade since its been cold. So off we go. She had fun shopping and showed off the whole outfit she got for tomorrow.

We got to talking about loud sneezing, a trait we share. She told me about sneezing loudly in class during someone's presentation. I told her about sneezing during the Briargrove Elementary spelling bee.

I was in the 4th grade and we were watching from the audience for the 5th grade championship. It was the finals. A word was asked: "superfluous".

S-U-P-E-R- F...[AAAAHHH CHOOOO!!!!]

{entire audience looks around at me]

Teacher: Please start over

Student: S-U-P-E-R-F-L-O-U-S

Teacher: Wrong

Everyone in the school blamed me for that. "She had it right before you ruined it" True or not, that's what they thought. I didn't even know the person. I recall I did know how to spell the word.

Now its 11:45 pm and I'm cooking pasta for her while she does her homework. She complimented me that I was always around. I told her many children could not say that so I think we're doing OK

No comments:

Post a Comment