Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another life goal DONE!

In the past 12 months, I've really been making some headway on the Life List, all those things you'd like to do. I credit ready Phil Keoghan's book No Opportunity Wasted (NOW) in which he talks about writing these goals down, letting others know of them, thereby getting more

involved who can help.


For example, my trip to South America: my friend Oscar was glad to take me as his guest to Colombia. Lots of people still afraid of that.

When I got back, I let my dad know that I was interested in going to see the Masters. A week later, he had tickets.

Today, I achieved another goal. "Drive a Ferrari". My friend Gus took me for a drive and I got to drive his 2005 Ferrari Superamerica. Details from Wikipedia below:

Superamerica

2005 Ferrari 575M Superamerica
Ferrari 575 Superamerica Hood

The Ferrari 575M Superamerica was an innovative convertible version of the 575M Maranello; it featured an electrochromic glass panel roof which rotated 180° (both are production car firsts) at the rear to lay flat over the boot. The Superamerica used the higher-output tune of the V-12 engine, rated at 540 hp (403 kW) and Ferrari marketed it as the world's fastest convertible, with a top speed of 199 mph (320 km/h). The GTC handling package was optional.

A total of 559 Superamericas were built; this awkward number followed Enzo Ferrari's philosophy that there should always be one fewer car available than what the market is demanding.












Top down, it was a unique driving experience. Unlike any car or motorcycle. Best comparison would be a fighter jet.

The car does not even comfortably shift until 7,000 rpms. 80-90-100 mph in great control. Lots of poise as Gus said.

A real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment