Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is springing

I started my triathlon training today so it seem appropriate to see that the trees are started to bud out and the weather is mild - spring is here.

I did what Coach Sandy said to do: warm up jog for 6 minutes, main run for 10 minutes, cool down for 6 minutes, counting the laps on the track. I ran my usual pace the first 2+ laps, a harder pace for >4 laps and then a slower pace for the last >2 laps.

This past weekend I played in the McAllen Country Club championship. As the new man, I was plugged for an 18 handicap and put in the last flight. I shot 98 the first day with several balls in the street. I knew I'd do better the next day, just a question of how much. I shot 91 the second day and that was 41-50. I had a 9 (+5) on the 13th hole and the pressure really got to me after that. Just like the old days! But it was a decent showing for the the first time and I'll look forward to a big improvement next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment