Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back from Houston

I was in Houston on Monday and Tuesday. I actually flew from McAllen MFE to Houston IAH on Continental so that was different. I probably could have got all the work done in one day but 2 days made it a nice trip.

Monday morning I met with Robert to discuss our mediation. I had thought we might go to lunch thereafter but he had a 1:00 meeting so I went down the hall where John worked (convenient eh?).
We went to Chipotle (one of my favorites) & then we stopped by his house. He let me stay there to make call, use the computer and work. That worked great - working while the door was open to the nice day outside and the dogs hanging with me.

Dinner was at Ed and Kate's and I stayed there. We ended up playing some new games for me, dominoes and bridge so the night went by quickly.

Today, I got ready for the mediation from 9-12 and the case did settle. As the mediator put it "pay whatever it takes to get rid of this case". The usual 50% settlement. Then we had a nice lunch and a long one, at Maggiano's. They had a special for 2 people for $40 and he joked it was like a Valentine's Day special.

Then I stopped by a store I like where I got a nice jacket this last Christmas. Its actually a cigar store - the proprietor is nice so we had a good visit. Then I headed to the airport, and flew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment