Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday before school starts back

We're heading to South Padre Island for the hospital fishing tournament, Fishing For Hope to benefit the Hope Clinic, a free clinic. No fishing for me this year, but I look forward to enjoying the festivities. When you're no good as a fisherman, it can be more like work.

We're even leaving early today, so I'm heading home shortly which gives me a few free minutes to update you. I got all my to-do list items done on the work list, so I'm feeling good about that.

I went for a run this morning, my first of the week. I've been enjoying some well earned rest after last week's triathlon. I finished in 1:50 and my coach noted that my swim was the best event. So I really improved this year and am already planning next year's event. See the results from the Gator Bait Triathlon. I'm in the 45-49 age group.

School starts Monday so this is Tax Free Weekend - no sales tax in TX on back to school items: clothes, school supplies, backpacks. I'll look to buy some clothes under $100 myself, preferably at the surf shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment