Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Sunday of August

The last full summer month is coming to a close. I reviewed an old post I wrote about summer and it made me appreciate every day. So today I got up early and went to help out Coach Sandy with the mock triathlon she was putting together for her athletes. Now that I'm in off season, I was happy to help and not participate. I helped figure out the times and enjoyed watching everyone and hearing her advice. Always learning.

This afternoon, I took my friend up on his offer to drive his Corvette ZR-1. What an awesome car. I pulled out of the driveway with 350 miles on the odometer. Like Ferris Bueller, I put some good highway miles on it. Check out this video (scroll down for the video) of the same car on the Nurburgring in Germany. That's a good approximation of the power and speed.

Sarah and I went to the Rice University seminar for high school students this evening. We had a good time and learned a bit more about Rice. She seemed interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment