Thursday, August 5, 2010

First week of August

and it is really HOT! I went out for 9 holes of golf at 5:00 p.m. and I was spent at 6:45 p.m. Thanks heavens for hitting the showers like a knocked out pitcher before heading home. It seemed I could not get out of the sun. Interestingly the thermometer on the car read 131F when I got in. But it couldn't have been over 115 :) Phoenix style!

The River Cities Triathlon was a lot of fun as was the long weekend in Dallas. I finished in 2:09 and hit my main goal of staying strong on the run. When I got home, I've taken a bit of "vacation" from the tri lifestyle. It can leave you in a mild fatigue state a lot of the time. Plus the mental side is tough to maintain as well. Know thyself.

Work is going OK. I'm doing a seminar on wills and probate in October so I'm working on that material. Like a school term paper I don't want to wait until the last minute. Did that a lot when I was young and dumb.

I'm working also on clearing out some files and getting some extra billing done. Some of the cases stay around a long time and the large files make it hard to quickly start work on something. So I made good progress.

It's nice to be home for a weekend. Hope to see a movie this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment