Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Christmas memory

Susan's and my first Christmas was 1989 and that was the year that there was extreme cold across Texas. It snowed a few days before Christmas in Houston. We had just gotten engaged that October 14. On Christmas eve, we spent time with my family and then cuddled up in front of a fire at Susan's apartment and opened our gifts. That was a special night.

The next day was Christmas Day and we got up to drive up to Fort Worth and spend the week with Janet and Rick. I recall that was a relaxing vacation because it was still very cold. In fact her pipes had froze so we had to heat up water on the stove. I had just finished the first semester of law school and my brain was fried, so I just really took it easy that week. It was fun being around there, and everyone was there: Joel ( age 7) Damon (17) Lois, Rick R. Janet, David, JoAnn, me and Susan. A full house especially with no hot water!

No comments:

Post a Comment