Friday, December 17, 2010

Some golf plans for 2011

I'm already working on some various golf plans for 2011. I'd like to expand my list of courses played and the best way to do that is to hit the road.

Clint has a connection to play at TPC Sawgrass in Jacksonville, FL. Hopefully in the 1st Q of 2011. His friend works for III Forks so we should have some good food there as well.

Sean and I are going to visit his parent in South Carolina in February. We're set to play Old Tabby Links at Spring Island and Chechessee Creek Club

John R has a coupon to play Dominion Country Club in San Antonio. He said it expires in April. I think that would be a good trip.

In July Sarah will go to an engineering and robotics course at Stanford University and we are planning to vacation in California. So that is the time that I plan to take Susan to the Monterey Peninsula and I'm planning to play Pebble Beach for the first time. There are many other courses there, so maybe I'll play a second round also. More to come.

This year, I've played some fine courses as well. Playing at the McAllen C.C. has been fun and I did score my low round of 86 recently.

Golf at the UT Golf Club this week was a good time. First time I've played 27 holes in a day all year.

We had our traditional family rounds at the Houston Country Club this January and this June.

Of course, visiting Augusta National Golf Club at the Masters this year was a great highlight. Sean and I did get a round in at the Stone Mountain Golf Club.

I had an invitation to play Red Ledges in Heber City UT outside of Park City but I couldn't make that trip happen. Maybe next year.

Shadow Creek in Las Vegas on January 3 this year was a super highlight. A top 100 course. Well worth the trip and the $500 green fee. The limo ride was worth most of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment