Friday, December 17, 2010

Trip to Austin

I went to Austin on Wednesday for a short trip. I left here about 2:30 to drive and got to Austin at 8:15 p.m. I was visiting my friend Clint who is currently "between jobs". He's been in touch more often (more time I guess) and since we were talking about getting together. He closed the deal by offering a free round of golf at the UT Golf Club but the offer expired (his coupon) on December 31. So I planned to take a day off and headed up.

That Thursday we had a delicious breakfast at the nearby Kerbey Lane Cafe and I had this tasty dish called Eggs Francisco. My friend Francisco would be proud of how they used his name: English muffin, topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado and queso.

We teed off at 10:40 and played with John R who we had goine to high school with and another friend of theirs Luke B. who was a pretty funny guy. We played 27 holes which was a treat. After 18 John said "I want to play more" so he stopped in the pro shop and negotiated another 9 for no charge. So I complimented him on his skills.

After we finished, I drove from Austin to San Antonio and had dinner with my friend/client Glenn and we stuffed ourselved with lamb chops and everything else they had.

This morning, I got up from the night at the Crowne Plaza, left at 0600 and back here at 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment