Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cool Weekend

It was cool in the respect that I tried to stay inside during the extreme heat. I was so desperate to stay out of the heat that I went to the office on Saturday. I told myself I was there to do a job, not to read email or mail, or surf the net. So it was amazing how I got everything I wanted done in an hour! :)

I hit the library later for some reading material and enjoyed the book on Saturday afternoon. In the evening I went to my friend Todd's wedding. It was at his hacienda and it was a great time. The backyard was beautifully decorated and there was a makeshift chapel in the backyard. Flowers were floating in the pool. Rose petals on the steps. Sun setting on cue. Bride Elena looking radiant in cream colored strapless dress with...great red shoes. Think Elvis Costello - "Angels wants to wear my red shoes".

They had gotten married April 21 in a civil ceremony so this was a chance to improve. This time the family and friends were there. Rings, cake, sacrament of marriage, in English and Spanish. I enjoyed it a lot. Food was great and Todd was quite pleased we were there. Even his mother asked if I was going to conduct the ceremony. That sounded really good.... Just wait a few years and I'll be available for weddings.

Today we played in the church band. There were only 3 guitarists this time and I thought I played particularly well on the electric. In the afternoon, continuing to beat the heat, we saw the movie "The Ugly Truth" which was a 2 star movie but still OK. Gerard Butler did a good job. We then went for dinner at BJ's Brewhouse.

Tomorrow Sarah and I are going for her learner's permit at 2:00 p.m. I have all the papers ready. I guess I got mine right after the class in July 1980. I recall my stats were 5 foot 10 inches and 120 pounds. A strong gust might have blown me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment