Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back in McAllen

Getting back into the swing of things after a week out of town. Lots of phone messages, emails, bills, etc. to go through.

It's way over 100 degrees here now. This evening was completely unbearable. I decided to stay inside and that was a good decision. Papers said heat index was 111 and I think that is right.

At South Padre Island last weekend, I learned surfing on Saturday and Sunday. I felt like the ancient Polynesians at one with the ocean. The surfboard is very "aerodynamic" to mix a metaphor: it was much easier to manuever in the water than expected. I managed to get up and do some real surfing. Had so much fun I did it again Sunday. Both days we went out at 8:30 a.m. with Beau the instructor. Now I'm thinking about buying my own board.


No comments:

Post a Comment