Thursday, July 9, 2009

Couch Surfing

I am heading to Tucson AZ to visit my cousin Jon starting Saturday. As I am travelling solo, the adventure is starting. To begin I am flying into Phoenix and then driving down. Very cheap airfare from MFE to PHX, via DFW on American. Flying to Tucson was more.

I planned to spend a night at his home (he lives with his parents, my aunt and uncle) as Jon is in a wheelchair from muscular dystrophy. Their home has a sofabed and I planned to spend one night there. But as the trip comes closer, why not every night? So I cancelled the hotel and will be couch surfing. Much more interesting!

The last time I stayed at a friends on the couch was Dan in Atlanta. A confirmed bachelor, Dan was not one for much housekeeping. That sofa had not been opened in a long time and you can imagine the things found in that couch. Its a good thing Susan wasn't there for she would not have stayed long. But it was great company instead of a sterile hotel room. Plus, more money to spend on more fun things. Now if I needed a hotel for some particular reason.... :) But I didn't.

I've also decided to carry on. So I'll be travelling light. Its hot there so I won't need many clothes. One bag, packed lightly.

Jon is used to getting into the folk's 1993 Mercury, so I'll plan to drive that locally. He said they would likely sell it. Probably a great car to buy.

We've got plans to see the Diamondbacks play the Florida Marlins on Sunday followed by dinner at Joe's Farm Grill, profiled on Guy Fieri's show Diners, Driveins and Dives, on the Food Network which Im now a fan of. The restaurant said they filmed 18 hours of footage and edited it to 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment