Thursday, July 30, 2009

2004 Tahoe - Sold

Today was the last day of owning the 2004 white Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 aka "Great White".

Great White was purchased over eBay in February 2005 and sold today July 30, 2009. I calculated the depreciation cost of ownership as $297/month, which was pretty good. There were very few problems with it. I attribute part of that to the purchase of the extended warranty to 100K miles. Nothing like insurance to make sure that no problems arise.

Interestingly I calcuated the ownership cost of the previous owner "Doug" as $750/month. So buying quality used is the way to go.

In a great side note, I am driving a 2009 Chev Tahoe now. Our friend Oscar offered it to drive while our new Chev. Equinox comes in (likely tomorrow). This 2009 Tahoe is very similar - and nicely updated. I like it a lot

I would highly recommend purchasing a car off eBay. This one only had 25,000 miles on it when I got it and was like new. So it was easy to purchase sight unseen.


No comments:

Post a Comment