Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It is Thursday Nov. 26 and the U.S. Thanksgiving. We've got Susan's parents here for the day or two and dinner is about to get cooking by yours truly. I've followed our tradition by getting the meat already prepared from the local BBQ joint, Rudy's. In Houston we used to get it at a place called T Bone Tom's which I understand was recently featured on Guy Fieri's show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Pretty amazing of all the places in Houston they'd find that one, but its a good place.
With a captive audience, I'm trying a few new recipes. I'm going to use my new fryer and make sweet potato fries at home. Hope some will enjoy but ... we'll see. It's good to be the cook.

I've got to do a little (little) work tomorrow but over the weekend, I hope to
get the Christmas cards started
get the outside Christmas lights hung
do an 18 mile marathon training run (did a 6 mile turkey trot today)
watch UT beat Texas A&M tonight
see the movie The Blind Side (good book BTW)
play 9 holes of golf

That way, I'll be ready for Monday, next week and next weeekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment