Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Nov. 8

Today its been a nice day as has the previous few weeks. I have been looking for reasons to get outside. Today I decided to hit a bucket of golf range balls. When I got home I decided to wash the car. So now my swing is grooved for next Friday (Bishops Golf Tournament in San Antonio) as well as the follow up round with fellow attorney Dan (tenative) on Satuday. I'll be up there for the Rock N Roll San Antonio half marathon (13.1 miles). I'll be running as Karen, my friend Tom's wife who signed up but hurt her foot. I've beeen looking for ways to keep the running fun - an alias will be a good one.

Friday night we attended the Chamber of Commerce banquet honoring hospital general counsel Jim Darling. That was a nice event, although there did not seem to be as many people as in years past. I guess chamber participation mirrors the economy. Memorial had their last regular season game and had to win by 10 points to make the last playoff spot. There were ahead 21-0 at halftime but lost 24-21. So the football season is over for this year. Wait Til Next Year!

Saturday, I participated in the 2nd Annual Ride for Breast Cancer, a local cycling event put on by Texas Oncology and Team McAllen. I did the 40 mile ride. I had not riden that distance in some time so it was a challenge especially toward the end, but I got it done. I was pooped when I got home and took a long nap. Sarah went out in the evening so I cooked shrimp & grits at home based on a good recipe. That was a good end to the day.

Reading a good book called Go Like Hell which is about the Ford-Ferrari rivalry at Le Mans in the mid 60s . Interesting to read about event that happened right about when I was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment