Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a memorable Halloween, hosting a surprise party (15th birthday) for Lauren. She came over with her parents, dressed up to go trick or treating. Imagine her surprise to find a houseful of friends. All the kids dressed up nicely and they had a good time with pizza, chips and sodas.

Our friends Ronnie & Bridget came over with their 2 and 1 year old children so it was lots of fun playing with them. Reminds me of the old days. You forget what its like to pick up a kid and toss them around! So light!

Today started the end of daylight savings so the fall back gave an nice extra hour of sleep. I played in the church band and we really rocked the last song, Trading My Sorrows (Yes Lord/Yes Lord/Yes Lord/Amem!).

It was such a nice day I wanted to do something outside. So after I met Susan and Sarah for lunch I went to play 9 holes. I hit a bucket of balls first and then walked, carrying my bag. I had an eventful day - could not hit the longer clubs off the tee without getting into trouble, so I hit a lot of irons. Good time.

I also saw the Michael Jackson movie THIS IS IT which was excellent - 4 stars. A great combination of movie, play and reality show. Even if you're not a Michael fan, you'd like it. And since everyone likes Michael Jackson, it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment