Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rock N Roll 2009 San Antonio

I completed the half marathon in San Antonio today. I think my time was 2:20. I ran with my friend Tom and guided him in to his first half. He was pretty happy at the end especially when he sprinted ahead of me. He seems to go in waves, alternately running smoothly but with some bouts of tough breathing.

Several highlights were:
Good start organization
Ran right by the Alamo
Interesting course
Good weather
Seeing his family on the course
PF Changs afterwards as a race sponsor: lettuce wraps, wonton, dessert, fruit infused water.
Quick pickup by his wife Karen.

I stayed at his home on Saturday night and we had fun having dinner and then playing the guitar. We had some good conversations - I guess I'm at the point when I appreciate the honest approach.

Saturday I had a nice golf game with Dan. We actually ran into our mutual friend Tim who joined us. Tim used to live in Harligen but now lives in San Antonio. The course Fair Oaks Ranch was a really good one. Reminded me of the Riverside Golf Course in Austin where I spent my formative years. I played pretty well: 46-42 and gave
Dan a good game on the back 9.

Friday the Bishops Golf Tournament was a success. After we finished the older guys hit the hotel about 7:00 p.m and were done: "Goodnight!". I was not ready for a night watching tv so I changed and went out for a drive, a milkshake and a late movie. I saw "Couples Retreat" which I enjoyed, despite a quick snooze in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment