Sunday, November 14, 2010

Go Mustangs!

I went to Laredo yesterday on the football booster club charter bus to watch Memorial play Eagle Pass in the first round of the 5A Division 2 high school football playoffs. I'm glad I went to cheer them on: it was a great game and Memorial won 28-20.

We left about noon and its a 3 hour drive there. Once we got there, we set up a tailgate party and stayed there until about 4:30 and went over to the game starting at 5:00. I got to see Sarah before and they seemed happy to see me.

The game was pretty exciting. We got off to a 28-7 lead but pourous defense allowed 2 TDs. Eagle Pass missed the extra point to make it 28-20 and then we were able to make a long drive on the ground to run out the clock. Good offense won the game for us.

Afterwards, we rode the bus home and it was great to sleep most of the way.

Today there is a car show at Palmer Pavillion which I am planning to go to. May also see the movie Due Date

No comments:

Post a Comment