Thursday, November 4, 2010

Race Across the Sky 2010

I went with my friend Frank to see the movie Race Across the Sky 2010 about the Leadville Trail 100... Mountain Bike Ride.

We were expecting the movie to be about the 100 mile RUN not the ride. Frank has attempted the run twice, getting cut off at 50 miles in 2009 and at 60 miles in 2010. You see, its not enough to run 100 miles, at 12,000 feet altitude, you've got to do it fast enought to avoid the cut off times.

Nonetheless we really enjoyed the movie. Much like the marathon experience, it's all about the journey. You never know what will happen when you line up. A very emotional experience to push physical limits.

Very cool to see an extended interview with "Award Winning Blogger" Elden Nelson - aka Fat Cyclist. I'm a fan of his blog. It was also cool to come home and read his pleasant surprise of finding out that he had a prominent part in the movie.

While Frank (and I) did want to see more of the running, we thought it was great and afterwards, he said "I'm definitely going to do it again" and I agreed that I'd plan to go out there with him. After all, how many people get to do something like that.

So mark your calendar for me to be in Leadville Colorado in August 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment