Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fine Day this Tuesday

Today I got up early - I had a client coming in at 10 and had to finish (read "DO") all the work. Of course I had breakfast scheduled with Sam from 8-9. So I got in at 7:30, did half the work, went to breakfast, came back, did the other half, and ... nothing. No show for 10 am. So after killing a little time I was on the phone and the client came in at 11! Not sure who was more surprised - I think he saw a look on my face like "I" forgot. Fortunately I kept my big mouth shut (not, "youre late") and had everything ready. I got a check and like was good.

Thereafter followed a swim at the noon laps and then a long lunch with Gary. If you knew Gary, you'd know that every lunch is a long lunch. But the wisdow makes with worthwhile. Just slow down and try and listen. You'll learn something.

Today, I learned about college/parenting/funding. It inspired me to get home early to work on the college plan. And lo and behold, it came out looking nicely on a 11 x 17 piece of paper. I learned abou the tgtp.org plan which should pay more than expected. Plus I reviewed our assets and the costs. And I presented it to Susan. So I feel a lot better with a plan.

As my friend Monte Alkire writes in his book Rope Your Dream:

Have a plan. Change it if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment