Saturday, June 18, 2011

Funny How Time Slips Away

I stayed behind today while Susan and Sarah went to South Padre Island. The day went by very fast. I got up to go play golf. We were to play at 9:30 so I got there early. Then no one showed up. So I decided to join the 10:00 group. As we were going to tee off, I checked a message that my old group was going to play at 11. So I decided to go forward. There was a heat advisory today and I was a little worried about being out too long.

I hit the ball very well and played with Bob T who is a good player. He's 72 years old and reminded me of my grandfather Wilton the way he looks and swings. It was a pretty cool thing to realize.
I made a mess of 4 holes on the back side and shot+ 10 on those 4 holes and + 1 on the other 5 holes.

Afterwards, after lunch, a shower and a talk in the pro shop, I got together with the 11:00 group and had fun hanging with them.

Then I went to my SB 250 SAG meeting. I've now gone from "not sure" about the duty to being Second In Command. Yes I've been appointed the back up authority for the whole event. Needless to say I've got a lot more information.

To end the day I went to see the movie Super 8. I liked it, kind of reminded me of other good Speilberg movies. * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment