Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Round of golf

My friend Gerry called me last night to play golf early today. Since we had talked about doing this for some time (and never done it) I agreed, did a quick reschedule of the day and we teed off at 7:07 a.m. That was pretty early. The weather was nice for the first 2 hours.

Then it heated up and I started fading a bit. Amazing how I can go run 6 miles, ride 30 miles on a bike or swim a long distance and feel fine. But riding in a cart and playing 18 holes wears me out. I guess I'm out of golf shape. You don't realize what being in the heat and that fast swinging (the more the better) seems to do.

Upon reflection, I've played golf just a few times this summer. I played in June with Jeremy at his club, I played at Lion's Muni in Austin, today and at South Padre Island with Clint. To think I used to play that much or more in a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment