Sunday, October 10, 2010

California - Here I Come

As in Ferrari California... My friend Gus just got a new one and I has asked him about going to see it. Of course he traslated that into "I must let Greg drive my new car".

So he came by today, we dropped the top and took off with me behind the wheel for a short drive. He had to go to a meeting. So we drove about 15 miles. It's got the manual paddle shifts - no clutch. Like the other Superamerica, it shifts about 6000-7000 rpms. This one has a kick when you shift. It has 7 gears but I just tried 4 of them - gets up to 80 pretty quick. The whole car is very lightweight, so when you ease off the throttle, it slows down pretty good.

Afterwards we stopped by Starbucks and had a quick latte. He encouraged me to park in the park and park like a pimp "Take 2 spaces". It sounds like he's got a deal working with the dealer to buy them new and sell them back after a while.

Afterwards, it seemed right that I should go for a bike ride on the same route we drove. So I had a good ride and came home and fixed dinner and watched The Amazing Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment