Sunday, October 10, 2010

Secrets of the Grown Up Brain

I just picked this book up from the library and this blog is one of them. Write it down on your blog!

I've played several rounds of golf this week and that had two effects: one it improved my game, two it inspired many thoughts of golf, past and present. Both led me to call my dear father. So he asked me "Who did you play with last Saturday?" Of course I couldn't quite remember right off the bat.

Last Sat. I played at 10:00 with a pick-up group, Rick T., Ruben B., Chino M. and myself. That was a betting group and of course, that's not quite my style. -$15 after that day.

Tues. I played withe Steve G. and Yil D. who are world travellers. Yil had just returned from a month in Turkey and Steve just back from a trip to Pebble Beach, CA. Right up my alley! Plus they're both very good golfers so it was inspiring.

Friday I played 9 holes in the late aft. with my friend Larry. He just likes to be out there and moving around quickly. But I did get to use my new shag bag on the practice short game area. That I beleive will really lead to improvement. When I played my best, I practiced the short game regularly at Lions Municipal on the old practice short game area. I don't know why every course does not have one of those.

Saturday it was the Hidalgo COunty BAr ASsn golf scramble. I got invited on the Atlas & Hall team and it was a good culmination. All of my game was pretty well together: drives, irons, wedges, putts. We played -4 which was pretty good for our team.

Since the weather is just right, its been easy to get motivated to get out. Plus its great to have a home course. RIght now the handicap is 15 but as Larry said, "you'll be down to single digits". So that is the 2010-2011 goal. Perhaps by my birthday next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment