Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two for Tuesday

It was a good day today as I did several things: went to the municipal court and got some work done. Then an IB school board meeting. Then a drive to Brownsville for a pretrial lawyers meeting. The lawyers office was the old Cameron County Jail so it is really interesting how it was remodeled to be an office while maintaining the historic designation.

The attorney Alison turned out to be from Houston. Her father (parents divorced) lived in the same neighborhood as my parents. When she said where he lived I knew the answer to the question before I asked: "Is he a member of the Houston Country Club?" So it was cool to meet someone with that same background. She said she and her husband called it "Bushwood" after the club in Caddyshack.

It's a good drive back, 1 hr, 20 minutes. The classic rock station had 2-fer Tuesday. I went to the Bushwood of McAllen to get a swim in. Good way to end the day. Now I'm watching the Rangers/Rays. Rangers ahead 3-1 based on good pitching and baserunning. THe right formula for postseason success.

No comments:

Post a Comment