Saturday, October 2, 2010

Livestrong Day

Today was October 2, 10//2 the day Lance Armstrong remembers as the day he was diagnosed with cancer. So I wore my Livestrong bracelet and a yellow shirt in solidarity. It must be a lonely existence to have to deal with that.

We had a great birthday celebration for Susan yesterday. We had about 16 people for dinner at El Divino and the food was great as was the company. I think that everyone enjoyed themselves and of course Susan had a great time.

Today I went for a 7 mile run with Kristi and finished about 8:30 am. We saw another friend of mine, Kelly and Edna, training for the San Antonio marathon. I introduced Kelly and Kristi since they were both cheerleaders in college, Kristi at Texas A&M Kingsville and Kelly at Notre Dame. They both knew Eva Longoria Parker who was also a cheerleader at TAMUK.

I played golf this morning also. On the 18th hole, I hit a great chip up to 6 feet and ... missed the putt. Too bad. But it was a good effort.

Texas lost to OU today 28-20. I watched the first half and then went to sleep - lots of activity today. Now it is 11:15 pm and of course I'm wide awake watching TV with Sarah. She just got home from a band competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment