Friday, August 21, 2009

Craigslist tickets

I purchased 4 tickets to the Texans v. Vikings on Monday, Aug. 31 in Houston. So if you are watching, look for me in the upper, upper deck.
I learned a bit of ticket info. I bought these off Craigslist. As cousin Charlie put it, the difference between it and eBay. "Craigslist is free".
From the broker standpoint, the preseaon ticket is worth about 25% of a regular season game. I bought 4 tickets for a total of $100, or $25 each. Ah, the power of the hundred dollar bill...
Face value of these upper level seats is $35. A season ticket is $35 for 10 games, 8 regular season and 2 preseason. If you look at the preseason as a throwaway, the face value is really underpriced from a scalping standpoint. Perhaps a way of the NFL to create demand or a way to underprice a season ticket.
From my standpoint, it will be a good opportunity to see a game and go to the stadium w/o breaking the bank. Regular season to the new Cowboys stadium were going for $300 each. The last game I went to which was 2 years ago was $175/ticket at Texas Stadium (which is definitely past prime).

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous!! The Vikings are my favorite team-- even if they did make a mistake and sign Favre...I will make sure I wear my Vikings jersey that day so they win! HAHA

    ReplyDelete