Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wurst Tri - New Braunfels

I completed the Wurst Tri in New Braunfels on Sunday. My friend Bill came in from Dallas. He was to participate but had a foot injury so he was there for support. He took some good pictures which will come later.

The swim was in the Landa Park spring fed pool, the distance was about 33oM. I started off freestyle but switched to breast stroke which I did better on. After the swim we ran about 200M to the transition area and got on the bike.

We then hit "California Hill" which was a steep one. It only got harder from there. The course was 14 miles out and back and was pretty hilly. I was pretty spent when done and it was hard to run.

I did my share of walking but did finish running nicely and the final time was 1:58.

That Sat. night we went to visit his friend Rocky who is an FBI agent who lives in Boerne. They lived in a nice neighborhood. I like the house a lot - would be easy to move in there. We drove back on Hwy 46 about 11:30 pm which was very dark, lots of deer out. I kept it slow at 55 and we made it back OK to San Marcos.

Sunday I went to Houston and stayed the night with my parents. My mom invited her cousin Anne, her daughter Katherine and her grandson Justin over and that was great to see them. I am thinking of doing the Malibu Tri in 2010. Katherine said I could stay with them. That would be 23 years after the last time I saw her.

No comments:

Post a Comment