Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer winding down

This is the last week before school starts back. Sarah will start the 10th grade and that should be a big event. This Friday is the "Big Q" - Danielle's quinceanera. We're all going and it should be a bit party. Sarah is one of the "Damas" so she'll be performing a group dance with everyone.

Saturday, I will be heading to New Braunfels for the Wurst Triathlon on Sunday. 400M swim,
14 mile bike ride and 3 mile run. I've been training - don't think I'll set any records but looking forward to participating. Afterwards, I'm going to drive to Houston and see the family Sunday afternoon and evening and then drivc home Monday.

Jordan's last day of work is Friday and then he heads off to UT-Austin. I tried to give him some advice about meeting new people since that is never easy as a transfer student. Hopefully it got through. As the old Cathy cartoon once said (through the mother giving advice that Cathy ignored) "Sometimes I feel like an encyclopedia that no one ever opens"




No comments:

Post a Comment