Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie/Julia Project

I saw Julie & Julia today and it was a "sweet" movie. A good old fashioned kind of movie, like Nora Ephron does well. The characters were good and it was inspiring for both cooking and blogging. Like in real life, it was hard for the characters to explain the benefits and mechanics of blogging. But as the end credits said, it helped her to do and book which was later made into a movie.

I don't have a great big project to blog about every day, but looking over the previous entries, my life is one big project. :) Raising a teenaged girl is a big undertaking. Being married for 19 years is pretty interesting. Being in the legal world gives a great perspective on business, disputes and life in general. Plus I think my decade-long exercise project is pretty amazing (starting in 2001 with a plan to do the MS 150 that next year - "I'll do it if you will" I said to my friend Jay. A day later, he emailed me "You're on!". Nothing has been the same since. To think, I used to think I could never do those things.

On that note, my marathon training is on track. Sat. morning, I ran about 7 miles with my friend Kristi. I think I may sign up for the San Antonio half marathon in November, as a warm up to the Houston Marathon.

Father John asked if I would play in the Bishop's golf tournament in San Antonio in November. So I answered the call - YES! That should be a good crowd.

Last night Susan and I went to a 50th birthday party for Carlos from the hospital. It was a big event, with 200 people, catered, at the Museum of South Texas History, with 2 bands, the Retro Rockers and the Renaissance Rockers. There was a big tent and it was outdoors and it was a nice night for a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment