Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ready for the weekend

Tomorrow is Friday and I am ready. Things have been quiet and hot this week. Our office A/C is straining so I've left about 4 each day to get home, cool down and relax before going to get Sarah from band practice at 5:30. That's worked out great. It won't last forever but its made the week OK.

We were going to the island this weekend but now we are staying home so Sarah can work on a history project. We got her schedule straighted out today so she'll be taking health as a computer elective and will only have band at Memorial and will otherwise be at IB so we like that.

Finished the book Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich about Facebook founding at Harvard. Didn't sound like a fun college to be at - cutthroat competitiveness. That author also wrote 21 - like to write about smart people using their brains to beat the system and get rich. This book was right up his alley.

Looking to see the movie District 9 this weekend. That's been the usual schedule the past few weeks. I'll probably do a long run Saturday as well. The New Braunfels triathlon is coming up Sun. Aug. 23 so I'm about ready for it. Bill will not be participating but will be there cheering me on.

I've got a new place I'm interested in going: Aspen CO. I was thinking about that today. I hope to check it out. I saw where you can fly into Eagle CO which is a 70 mile drive away. There is even a direct flight from DFW. We'll see... It's also 125 from Grand Junction CO which is where Susan will be going next week to check out the hospital system there. Pres. Obama will be there doing a town hall meeting Saturday. Maybe he'll get shouted down like the Congressmen?

No comments:

Post a Comment