Friday, August 7, 2009

Heat Wave

I heard that it has been over 100F here for 38 of 40 days. The other 2 days it only got up to 99F.

So as I've said, outside activity has been somewhat limited. I did make it to the swimming pool early this morning for my triathlon training. It was a good start to the morning. Last night I fell asleep at 10 pm. so I was well rested.

Tomorrow, I thought I needed to increase my running for the marathon training for next January so I'll look to go 6-8 miles. I'm starting at 0645. Afterwards my friend Chico asked if I wanted to ride his motorcycle so I plan to do that during the day. The plan is for me and friend Brian to ride to South Padre Island to his favorite joint the Wahoo Saloon and have ceviche, then ride back.

We are going to a big 50th birthday bash Sat. night for Dr. Carlos who is the Chairman of the hospital. There will be a band the Retro Rockers. It should be fun. I saw his dad Ruben today and Ruben has just bought a new pre-owned Mercedes S550 so he enjoyed showing it off and I enjoyed checking it out. A very nice brown color with rich leather. Only 25,000 miles. Buying off lease is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment