Sunday, January 2, 2011

9 holes today

Its been such great weather I had to hit the course today for 9 holes. I ran into John K who invited me to play with his group. We played "Wolf" which I had not done since I played with Bob and Co. at Golfcrest Country Club in the late 9os. That was some time ago!

I started rough, going OB on 1 and then making a mess around the green on 3 for a handicapper's 7.

After then, I got going and parred # 4 and #6 and #9 for a 43. It was such a positive round that I saved the scorecard and plan to go play the second 9 holes this week and turn in the scorecard for handicap purposes.

Talked to Ed today and he recalled Sean's story about his best round of 68. Sean started on hole # 13 (eagle 2!) and played 13-18, then went to #1 where he played until dark. He then went back the next day and completed the round. Coming into #12, he was playing for a safe par and 69, and lo and behold, sunk the birdie putt for 68.

Ed seems to think that was somewhat "unofficial" starting on 13 and finishing the next day, but I don't think its any different that a tournament being postponed.

The question was "What's your best round?" - Not "What's your best round in competition?"

He also likened it to hitting a hole in one when playing alone (which he has done). Count it! How many people have done that under any circumstances?

Like Clint Holmes said of his 1 single Billboard hit - "How many do you have?"

No comments:

Post a Comment