Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Advice for the Younger Generation

I've been full of it lately... advice, that is. With the intern Ruben, I was telling him on his last day to make the most of his last semester in law school.

I told him to keep studying - finish strong! No letting up.

He was thinking of working as an unpaid intern. I recommended he get a paying job. The difference between the practice squad and the starting lineup. His excuse: it would be too hard. I looked online and found there were many court in New York (where he is) and that there would be lots of opportunities for someone that wanted to work.

I advised that he should take a trip before starting work. He said he had a friend in school who was from Lebanon. I suggested he go there and visit. Ruben said "He's been asking me to do that". I said "Go - they'll probably pay for everything while you're there"

Checking flights, you can get to Beirut (BEY) from New York for $969. Not a bad price for a long flight like that.

Interesting I found out about a new class of air service "Premium Economy" (contradiction?) It is in economy but the seats and legroom are larger.

Price differentials from JFK to BEY:

Economy $1000
Premium economy $2000
business class $4000
First class $5500

Just get there!

We'll see if any advice is followed....

1 comment:

  1. uhmm didn't their government collapse today? might not be the time to go if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete