Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Georgia On My Mind

When I was in Houston recently, I asked my dad "What would be a good way to get tickets for the Masters?" He answered very uncharacteristically: a ticket broker/scalper. The thought of him purchasing a ticket from some stranger on the side of the road was crazy. He'd NEVER do something like that. Seemed a very unsporting approach - like shooting a deer at a picnic table.

Turns out, he was not himself, having been suffering from the after effects of prostate surgery and the insertation of a catheter. That would make anyone uncomfortable. After a bit of recovery time and thought, he let me know Monday "I have 2 tickets for the Wednesday April 7 2010 practice round". So mark your calendar, I'll be in Augusta, GA then. Still thinking about travel plans...

Fantasy football draft was Sunday and as usual, I got all excited at the auction and bid heavily on players I had intended to target. But good ones. I got
Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona
Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego
Greg Jennings, WR, Green Bay
Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee
Tony Gonzalez, TE, Atlanta
and so on

It was like an exam. After 3 hours of the draft I came home and slept for 12 hours. Must have needed it.

Monday, I did a half day of good work and then fly to Houston arriving at 3:00 p.m. and saw the Texans v. Vikings on Monday Night Football at Reliant Stadium. I went with my fellow dads from the Indian Princess program, John, Paul and... Fred (not Ringo). We had a good time. I took 2 pictures which I should post, one of the field (far away) and one of the roof (very close to us!). A good time. Texans lost 17-10.

NFL fans are a rowdy bunch. We were sitting next to this guy who was somewhat rough (lots of F-bombs). During halftime, I was in the restroom and about to wash my hands when all of a sudden I was next to him as he was trying to get into a fight with some other person - "Let's step outside" and so on. Needless to say, I ditched the sink and hit the door asap to get away from that mess. I didn't see him later on - hopefully they shut the door on him as he steped outside.

A 7:45 a.m. flight back and I was back at work at 10:00 a.m. Day turned out ok. I filed a bankrtupcy case - my first in several years and had court until 6:00 pm

Tomorrow a probate matter and Susan said that Sen. Arlen Specter will be at the Cantu residence for a fundraiser and to see the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment