Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Second Day Back

Still working to catch up from a week's vacation. The messages have at least been listened to. THe mail has been opened. The office tidied up a bit. But I have not been there too much.

Yesterday was a funeral for Judy Badders, wife of Father John. She had Parkinson's Disease but that was something she had lived with. But she got some type of infection that led to blood poisoning and she died a few days later.

Surprising, Cecily came to the funeral. A surprise since she had a big falling out with our church and Fr. John (who she worked for before working for me). In short after 7 years of bitterness and anger the two reconciled. It was a powerful thing to witness up close and I am glad to say I've been encouraging it for a long time.

It reminded me of a reconcilation I had with my friend Joe. An important thing in my life. That's certainly something to be proud of. Anger is not part of God's plan for anyone.

Today I had to take the M-B to San Antonio to get checked out under warranty. I'm glad we bought the extended warranty. The ABC light had come on (a sophistication suspension monitors system which counterbalances the car, lowers the height, corrects overspin, etc.). The local mechanic thought it might be a defective sensor since it checked OK on his computer. But I thought it best to have to fixed under warranty rather that start looking for things that might go wrong.

So I have a rental loaner car today. I may go back to pick up the car on Wed. afternoon or if not then Friday afternoon. 500 mile drive up and back today to San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment