Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday Sept 19 - Travel Day

Up at 0400 to catch Aero Republica flight to Panama City from MDE. As appropriate, Luis Antonio drove us to the airport. O's mom got up to see us off. Panama was an interesting airport, kind of a crossroads for Carribbean, USA, and South America. Very flat and tropical. Panama used to be part of Colombia before the USA stirred up a revolution.

Continental fight 873 to IAH was about 3.5 hours. Customs took a while to get through. After clearing through we had a long layover. I was ready for a little time and so I arranged to me O at the gate. I stopped at a shop and bought some shoes I saw - figured I might not have the chance to get them later. I had another lunch at Pappasitos - chicken wrap. I picked up USA Today, perfect to catch up on sports, movies, weekly news. We got back to MFE about 7 and I was home at 7:45 p.m. in time to watch the UT/Texas Tech game. I went to get a hamburger and fries. Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment