Sunday, September 27, 2009

In Training

This weekend I went on my first real long run for the marathon training. It was probably 11 miles +/- . It took 2.5 hours which is what the real measure was. I ran into a fellow runner whose name was Neil. It was enjoyable to meet someone also training and we ran together for about half the time.

Today I am still a bit sore in the legs (can't understand why!:) I did catch up on some rest this afternoon.

Also I insisted that Sarah drive to and from her friend Candace's house this afternoon. Going there she did great. On the way back coming to our street, she came in pretty fast to a turn and... my life flashed before my eyes. She managed to squeal around going left but that curb came pretty fast toward us.

Fortunately I kept calm and had her drive around the block and come back and do the turn the right way. Learn by doing.

I told my father about this and he said "I've been there".

No comments:

Post a Comment